Custom Move: Entering the Darkness
Whenever you have to enter the darkness, roll + Light source
- On a 10+, you made it to your destination safely.
- On a 7-9, the darkness creeps in. The MC chooses 1
- The experience leaves you shaken; -1 ongoing until the next dawn
- The darkness reshapes your path; you arrive later than you wanted to
- The path becomes rugged and dangerous; take 1 harm (ap)
- Whispers get in your head: the darkness takes 1 hold against you
- On a miss, things get bad. Something bad happens and the darkness takes 2 hold against you.
- Sprinting through the dark without a light source for a short distance: -3
- A lit match, candle, or lighter: -2
- A weak flashlight, or makeshift torch: -1
- Some Christmas lights, a handful of light sticks, or a few small light bulbs: +0
- Gas or kerosene lantern, strong flashlight, or well-made torch: +1
- Electric Lantern, flare, or heavy-duty flashlight: +2
- A large, bonfire-sized flame: +3
- Aid of a Spotlight: +4
Take -1 for every 2 people you are trying to shelter in your light
Custom Move: Take Hold of Your Soul
When the darkness has hold on you and wants to influence your actions, it can spend a hold and try to take hold of your soul. To resist, Roll +cool.
- On a 10+, you’re fine, for now. The darkness loses its spend hold.
- On a 7-9, I tell you what to do. If you do it, mark experience. If you don’t, you’re acting under fire from brain weirdness.
- On a miss, you come to some time later; having done whatever the darkness wanted you to do.
Custom Character Moves:
Weird, twisted mind: When the darkness tries to take hold of your soul, roll +weird instead of roll +cool
Get out of my FUCKING HEAD: When the darkness tries to take hold of your soul, roll +hard instead of roll +cool
Wait, I can beat this: When the darkness tries to take hold of your soul, roll +sharp instead of roll +cool.
The Pleasures of Sin: If you ever act with the darkness instead of against it, roll , choose 2. On a 7-9, choose 1.
- You get away clean – nobody knows it was you who did that horrible thing.
- You relish the experience utterly. Mark experience.
- The act leaves you feeling refreshed. Gain +1 ongoing until the next dawn.